Dr. Henry Bieler was a visionary American physician who advocated for the treatment of disease through diet. He believed the primary cause of disease is not germs, but imbalances in the body caused by lifestyle, including poor diet. His famous broth is rich in potassium and sodium
. It supports the healthy functioning of the liver and the adrenal glands. This broth also provides nourishment for the body when feverish.
- 4 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 3 cups string beans, ends removed
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 bunches parsley, stems removed
- 1 quart filtered water
- sea salt to taste
- ghee (optional)
*Use organic veggies when possible, or local and in season.
- Place water, zucchini, string beans, and celery in a stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until vegetables are softened but not overcooked. Spoon the mixture into a blender, add a handful of parsley, and liquefy. Pulse a few times to get it started. Make sure you hold onto the lid.
- One pot of broth will create several blender batches. Have a pitcher or jars on hand to fill as you blend. To thicken the broth and enhance the healing properties of the broth, add a teaspoon of ghee to each blender batch.